Thursday, October 21, 2010

10-20-10 Continued

So yesterday about 6 pm we left the hospital with Wes.  He was able to go home at 2 weeks 5 days old (gestational age of 36 weeks 2 days).  Although it was a very exciting time, it was also probably the saddest so far at the same time.  I actually cried when we got in the car because baby Shea was not with us.  I never cried during my pregnancy, nor have I cried while they have been here until today.  I have never felt such a high and such a low at the exact same time.  I just continue to hope that Shea gets her feeding down so that she could be home by the end of next week.




Wes's first night at home went very well.  Porter & Winston seem to like the little guy - Porter sniffs him and Winston kind of does his own thing.  When I rock him in his room both dogs lay by the rocker which is cute.  Rob & I didn't get much sleep (not from Wes waking up a lot as he only woke up when he was hungry which was twice), it was just us worrying about every noise or lack of noise coming from him.  So all an all it was a great first night and finally made everything feel more real!!

Going Home - Yes he is wearing a hat with hearts -it belongs to Shea :)


Ready for his first van ride


And believe it or not they will both be 3 weeks old tomorrow - It is already going by way too fast.

1 comment:

  1. so happy for you and Rob! The next week or so will fly by and Shea will be home too!

    ReplyDelete